10 things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend: January 26th-27th
The snow's clearing up now and there's plenty to in Gloucestershire this weekend. Here at TiG's top 10 things to keep you and your family entertained.
- Today is Burns Night, a celebration of the Scottish poet, and there are suppers and parties to mark the occasion at restaurants and pubs including the Old Spot in Dursley and the Bowden Hall Hotel and Hallmark Hotel in Gloucester.
- It's the annual Festival of Birds at Slimbridge WWT this weekend, with events, talks and workshops on Saturday and Sunday to mark the busy time of year at the sanctuary.
- The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition, sponsored by Veolia Environnement, continues this weekend. Fans of great photography can see the best of 48,000 entries from 98 countries at the Nature in Art centre off the A38 at Twigworth near Gloucester.
- There's another panto in town at Cheltenham – Promenade Productions are putting on Cinderella at the Bacon Theatre daily until Sunday, with evening performances every day and matinees at 2.30pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Gloucester Cajun and Zydeco Festival is the longest running Cajun festival in Europe and celebrates its 20th year in 2013. It takes place at Gloucester Guildhall on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and tickets can be bought on the Guildhall's website.
- There's a musical called Honk!, which is based on the children's classic tale The Ugly Duckling, taking place at the Cotswold Playhouse in Stroud on Friday and Saturday nights, with a matinee on Saturday afternoon.
- The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham will be hosting a production of Agatha Christie's classic crime drama Go Back For Murder. Performances are on every evening until Saturday night, with a matinee on Saturday as well.
- In Cirencester, the Corinium Museum is putting on a free exhibition of work from a Bath-based group of textiles artists. The museum is open from 10am on Friday and Saturday and from 2pm on Sunday.
- Also in Cirencester, the New Brewery Arts centre is putting on an exhibition from three innovative artists who work with metal and glass. You can turn up from 9am on Friday or Saturday and from 10am on Sunday and the event is free of charge.
- A pantomime version of Sleeping Beauty will be played at the Lister Hall in Dursley on Friday and Saturday nights, again with a matinee performance on Saturday. The production is being put on by the Dursley Operatic and Dramatic Society.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013