Boiling water poured on cat in Cheltenham in suspected attack
A MUM from Cheltenham has spoken of her horror after boiling water was poured over the family's cat.
Six-year-old cat Tiger was left with third degree burns after the horrific ordeal.
The Bengal Siamese cross could have also suffered serious internal injuries.
Owner Amanda Hall spotted her beloved cat dragging itself along the road last Wednesday afternoon.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
Realising something was wrong, the 38-year-old, of Moorend Crescent, Leckhampton, raced out and could feel that Tiger was covered in boiling water.
Wrapping him in a towel, she headed to Vets on the Park, where he has been recovering from the terrifying incident.
Amanda has now vowed to find the culprits behind the sickening attack.
She said: "I want to find out who has done this because they need to realise how much pain and hurt they have caused.
"It is absolutely sick and I cannot believe that anybody would do that.
"His skin is too sensitive to even touch. He is currently having blood tests to check if there are no problems with liver or kidney failure and, although they think he will survive, it will take a long time for him to recover."
Animal lover Amanda, who works at Cotswold Farm Park, said she had contacted the RSPCA about the attack.
She is also planning to put posters up on her street in a hope to catch the attackers.
The mum added her four-year-old daughter Lola was devastated.
A spokesman from the RSPCA confirmed they were investigating the incident.
Deb Barron, who works at Cheltenham Animal Shelter, was repulsed by news of Tiger's injuries.
She said: "I have never seen anything like that but there are some awful people out there."
Alison Jones, owner of Vets on the Park, added: "It's horrific someone could do this.
"It takes quite a lot of effort for someone to go to the trouble of boiling a kettle for such a purpose, which makes it even worse really."