Cat basket causes kitchen fire
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire in Furze Croft, Quedgeley last night after a cat basket was left on top of an oven.
A team of ten firefighters were led by crew commander Matthews to the scene at around 9.37pm on Saturday.
Upon arrival a breathing apparatus team were committed to the source of the fire which is believed to have started in the kitchen due to a cat basket being left on top of a cooking appliance.
The crew used one hosereel to extinguish the fire although there was minimal damage due to the owner confining the fire by shutting the kitchen door prior to their arrival.
Sunday and Monday evenings £12.00 per head for an all inclusive meal with Indian and Thai cuisine (normal price £14.50).
Bring this voucher to the restaurant complete with your name and email address on it.
Terms: Expires 31st July
Contact: 01452 223782
Valid until: Wednesday, July 31 2013
Mr Matthews stressed the importance of not leaving items on top of cooking appliances as accidents can easily happen.
The crews were on scene for approximately 35 minutes.