Chimney fires at Longhope and Tetbury
Firefighters had to tackle two chimney fires on Friday night.
Crews from Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service were called to Old Monmouth Road in Longhope at 6.20pm.
Hours later the service had another call out to a similar blaze in Elizabeth Gardens in Tetbury.
At both homes, the crews of six had to use chimney rods to bring the fire under control.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
The Tetbury fire at around 9pm saw firefighters on scene for 20 minutes.
While those at Longhope were there for 30 minutes.
A spokesman for the fire service said: "Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, the service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year. By following our safety advice people can prevent this from happening in their homes."
For information and advice log on to www.glosfire.gov.uk/ysafety_h_chimney.html