Closing date for entries to Cheltenham's Performing Arts Festival looms
Dancers, musicians, singers, drama students, choirs and schools are being urged to submit their entries to this year's Cheltenham Festival of Performing Arts (CFPA).
More than 3,500 people enter the Festival each year to showcase their singing, music, dancing and speech and drama talents.
The deadline for entries to all classes in 1 February 2013 and this year organisers are hoping that more people than ever before will enter the Festival, which is scheduled to run between May 7 – 12 May 14 – 19.
Top ten not-to-be-missed classes include:
• NEW own dance choreography classes for soloists, duets and groups
• NEW performance class for children and adults with special educational needs
• Television news reporting for children between 13 – 17 years old
• Share a poem for children and adult competitors
• Infant school music making for youngsters aged 7 and under
• Street dance classes
• Songs from the shows for competitors of all ages, including adults
• NEW Jazz and improvisation classes for competitors of all ages
• Dramatic scene by schools for young people up to age 18
• Mixed voice choirs
Further information can be found on the Festival's website at www.cheltenhamfestivalofperformingarts.co.uk . The closing date for entries is 1 February 2013.
"Performing to an audience would give people a real sense of personal achievement and a huge confidence boost," said Rod Davis, Chairman of Cheltenham Festival of Performing Arts (CFPA).
Now in its 87th year the Festival attracts child and adult competitors from across the South West and as far afield as Ireland and Holland.
Entries can be submitted online with the exception of the dance categories which need to be submitted in hard copy format.