Coping over christmas: What can I do?
Coping over christmas: What can I do ?
We know christmas can sometimes be stressful - too much food , drink and close contact with relatives; last minute buying and too much money spent. Here are some easy 'Active Steps' to help us all get through the holiday in one piece!
1) Each day spend 5-10 minutes relaxing on your own either in the house( quiet room, toilet) or outside (walk around the block). Deep breathing; think about your surroundings or something/someone nice.
2) Drink sensibly - this means setting sensible limits on alcohol and drink plenty of water. Don't over medicate with any substance.
Your chance to win either a Luxury Christmas Hamper or a luxury Christmas Living Bouquet of flowers aswell as a wash, cut and blow dry from Charmed Hair Salon !!!!
Terms: All you have to do to win this great prize this Christmas is like and share The Flower Bowl facebook link or ring us instore with your details !!!
Contact: 01452 227932
Valid until: Monday, December 23 2013
3) Contact a friend - have a short chat with someone outside the family ( text,email or phone )
4) Delegate jobs on Christmas day so you share the load.
5) Don't 'overdo' Christmas lunch – keep some of it simple and small.
6) Don't over react to differences of opinion between relatives, but also maybe steer clear of 'religion, ideal parenting and world conflict!'
Generally, try to be moderate, active, kind and enjoy being with those around you or,if on your own, enjoy your peace of mind, your health and your surroundings. If you see your neighbour, wish them merry Christmas.
Have a good time and merry Christmas.
'Active Steps towards Wellbeing' is a programme of small , practical everyday tips and techniques.