Crash bang whallop - car smashes into Gloucester house
WHEN a car smashed into the front room of a Linden home, it sounded "like a bomb going off".
Emergency services were called to Stanley Road shortly before 10am yesterday following reports a 79-year-old woman's silver Peugeot 207 had collided with another car, before accelerating into a terraced house on the corner of Stanley Road and Sydenham Terrace.
Zoe Stokes, 27, from Hempsted, was driving along the road in her Bronze Honda HR-V when the collision occurred.
Her two-year-old son Ramsay was strapped in the back of the car.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
"I was visiting my cousin who lives up the road," she said, adding that the cars collided where her son was sitting.
She then watched as the Peugeot accelerated into the house opposite.
The car hit the front wall of the home, just by the window of the front room, bringing a section of the wall down.
"It seemed like the driver was trying to do a U-turn but must have misjudged it," said Zoe.
"I'm so glad that no-one was hurt and there was no damage to my car but we are very shaken by the incident as it could have been a lot worse."
The driver was checked over by paramedics at the scene after receiving minor injuries.
Neighbour Sandra Aston left her house a matter of minutes before the incident with her daughter Becky.
"We were on our way to the library when my husband called to say that someone had smashed into the house next door.
"He said it was as if a bomb had gone off.
"When the emergency services arrived they put up a cordon and evacuated us and our neighbours on the other side.
"They said they would have to isolate the gas and the electricity and stabilise the building before we could go back home.
"We moved into the house just three months ago and have been really happy living in the area, so for this to suddenly happen has been a big shock."
Anyone with information related to the incident should call police on 101 quoting incident number 85 of June 13.