Essential travel tricks to pack more into your cases
Travelling light is never easy and holiday packing can easily turn into a night-before suitcase-wrestling match, even for the most seasoned traveller.
After a dismal April, most people are looking for a spot of sunshine and there are plenty of cheap Greece holidays on offer at the moment and with these and many fantastic deals from Thomas Cook to choose from, there’s more of the budget left to plan that show-stopping holiday wardrobe, and show it off once you get there!
So for a stress-free trip, and to make the most of your luggage allowance, think ahead and follow these five simple tricks:
1. Write it down. Make a list of what you’ll need, taking into consideration the weather, dress codes, and any activities you intend to be doing, and then try to stick to it! Think selections of swimwear and chic cover-ups for Santorini holidays and slick city-gear with comfortable shoes for Athens sightseeing.
2. Co-ordinate a capsule wardrobe. By thinking about colours, textures and cuts of fabric, you’ll easily put together a selection of items that are interchangeable and work effortlessly together. A versatile pair of trousers can be worn with anything, new holiday purchases included, while packing two tops for each pair of bottoms will ensure you have enough options for day to evening glamour. If you simply can’t live without your day-to-day electrical appliances, make sure you take miniatures to keep space under control.
3. Let’s roll. Rolling your clothes instead of folding will minimise creasing and can also help to reduce items’ volume. Re-usable vacuum bags that can be rolled to remove air are also a lifesaver and can be a seriously good investment for those carrying bulky knits.
4. Think Tetris for packing. Last minute holidays don’t leave much time for organisation but make sure your packing technique is calm and considered. Place shoes at the bottom of the suitcase and use underwear, swimwear and socks to pack in and around them, filling the gaps to make sure no space is wasted.
5. Be kid-smart. Travelling with children can be tricky, so make sure you think ahead and check out Thomas Cook holiday deals online for kid-friendly destinations. Take a selection of favourite toys and snacks to keep boredom under wraps on long flights and pack hand-washing supplies so that you can rinse and wear again. An absolute must for those inevitable ice-cream stains!