Firefighters rescue man from Leckhampton flat after neighbour raises alarm
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a man from his smoke filled flat after a neighbour raised the alarm.
The neighbour was on his way to work at around 5.45am this morning when he heard a smoke alarm from a nearby flat in Old Station Drive, Leckhampton.
He knocked on the door but got no reply, and could smell smoke inside the flat, so he dialled 999.
Crews from Cheltenham East station rushed to the scene and forced their way inside the flat, where they found a man asleep on the sofa.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
A Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "On arrival crews wearing breathing apparatus forced entry into the property and found one male asleep on the sofa with the flat full of smoke.
"The male was promptly rescued.
"The smoke was a result of cooking fumes and firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the remaining smoke from the flat."