GAVCA says marketing and volunteer management hot topics for training in 2013
Gloucester-based charity GAVCA says it is responding to the needs of local voluntary groups and charities by organising a series of training courses on hot topics such as marketing and volunteer management.
The Gloucestershire Association for Voluntary and Action (GAVCA), which provides support to the voluntary and community sector in Gloucestershire, has launched its latest training programme.
The charity's training courses are open to anyone regardless of whether they are current GAVCA members, although being a member gives groups access to subsidised rates.
Sessions scheduled between now and March include:
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
• Write a great role description for your volunteers (January 23, Gloucester)
• Writing for the web (January 29, Gloucester)
• New changes to Disclosure & Barring (February 5, Gloucester)
• Running effective meetings PLUS minute-taking skills (February 21, Gloucester)
• Creating a positive culture in your organisation (February 26, Gloucester)
• Roles and responsibilities of Management Committees (March 6, Cheltenham)
• Writing the perfect press release (March 13, Gloucester)
• Making the most of your volunteers (March 20, Gloucester)
"Feedback from our courses is very positive and groups appreciate the effort we make to lay on quality training courses locally so that they do not have to travel to London or Birmingham to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in their field," said Holly Mullarkey, GAVCA's Learning Development Worker.
Further details of the training can be found at www.gavca.org.uk/training or by telephoning our training team on 01452 332424.