Gran and pets rescued from smoke-filled home
GRANDMOTHER Muriel Savory was rescued by firefighters from a smoke-filled house in Cirencester.
The 45-year-old, of Drift Way, had left a frying pan on the hob after making a sandwich. She then took a sleeping pill and fell asleep, with the pan smouldering away in the kitchen.
She awoke at around midnight to find the house filled with smoke.
"I really panicked," she said. "My first thoughts were that my dog and cat were downstairs sleeping in the kitchen.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
"The fire service were fantastic and were here within minutes. Leaving the pan on is a mistake I will never make again."
Firefighters were able to safely rescue her, along with her German Shepherd dog and two cats in the incident.