Judge jails boys for 10 years for Gloucester cellar rape
Two boys who subjected another to one of the most “brutal, depraved and disgusting” sex attacks ever heard at Gloucester Crown Court have been jailed for 10 years each.
Today Judge William Hart told Kane Lammin and Anthony Ford that the rape and assault they subjected the 17-year-old boy to, was an ordeal that left him psychologically terrified and seriously physically hurt.
The court heard how the pair, who were 16 at the time of the attack, forced the victim in to a cellar in Salisbury Road, Gloucester in November last year and returned several times to physically attack and sexually humiliate him.
Cement dust was rubbed in his face, knives pulled on him, he was stripped and beaten with a piece of wood, had a cigarette stubbed out on him, and was seriously sexually assaulted and raped.
Traditional Shave, Facial Treatment, Whisky and a Shoe Shine -...View details
Gents, enjoy a traditional shave, facial treatment, glass of whisky and a shoeshine for £31
Terms: Early and later appointments available upon request.
Contact: 01242 504887
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
Naked and terrified, the victim crept out of the house and ran to safety and initially was too upset and embarrassed to say what had happened.
“This case represents one of the most brutal, depraved and disgusting pieces of behaviour considered by this court in recent times,” said Judge Hart this afternoon.
“What makes it more sad and disgusting is that you were both 16.
“You seem to me to have very little remorse for what you did. You will have plenty of time to consider whether that attitude might change.”
Ford, originally from Swindon, admitted rape and sexual assault, and of using threatening words or behaviour towards a witness. Lammin, originally from Oxford, admitted sexual assault, actual bodily harm, and unrelated offences of robbery and assault with intent to rob.
Both defendants are now 17, and Judge Hart lifted their automatic right to anonymity as children, in the interest of public safety, after representations from the Gloucester Citizen.
After the case Detective Sergeant Nigel Hatten said: "This is one of the most shocking cases I’ve dealt with.
“We know there had been a disagreement amongst the boys beforehand but it’s impossible to gauge what was going through the minds of the offenders when they did this.
“The report of the incident came through a third party and it took a lot of time, effort and patience from my officers and our partners in the social care and youth offending services to ensure the victim felt comfortable enough to give evidence against his attackers.
“I want to pay tribute to him for remarkable courage in standing up against these boys and I hope it encourages others to come forward if they have suffered sexual or physical abuse.
"I also hope the conviction of these boys will bring some comfort to the victim and his family and that in time the offenders come to realise the devastation they have caused.”
Roger Clayton, Independent Chair for both Gloucestershire Safeguarding Adults and Children’s Boards, said, “I am absolutely appalled by this incident. Thankfully attacks of this nature are extremely rare.
“Our absolute priority is to keep people in Gloucestershire safe. That is why I am commissioning a review so we can reassure people we are doing all we can to prevent this type of incident.”
For more on this story, see tomorrow's Gloucester Citizen and www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk