Primary school in Mitcheldean evacuated
Primary school pupils had to be evacuated this morning because of fears their school had caught fire.
Firefighters were called to Mitcheldean Primary School at 11.20am
Fire crews from Cinderford and Coleford went to the site in Hawker Hill, Mitcheldean.
Worried staff rang 999 saying they could see smoke and sparks coming from an electrical distribution board within the school.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
The school was evacuated with a matter of urgency and crews arrived quickly arrived to deal with the incident.
A total of nine firefighters attended the scene and used one hosereel four breathing apparatus a thermal imaging camera along with a positive pressure ventilation fan to disperse the smoke.
Crews remained on scene until Central Networks arrived to ensure that all the electrics were safe.