Warning after kitchen fire in Quedgeley
Firefighters were called to Church Drive in Quedgeley this morning after fire broke out in a kitchen.
Two crews were called out at 9.45am after a concerned neighbour rang 999.
She was alerted to the blaze by a smoke alarm going off and when she went to the property the windows were blackened by smoke.
One appliance from Gloucester South Fire Station and one from Gloucester North Fire Station attended the incident with 10 firefighters and Crew Commander Ben Gwyer in charge.
The father and son relationship is special, catch that perfect bond at a special photoshoot for them.
* 1 Hour Photoshoot Experience
* Makes your men look hunky
* Includes A4 Print
1 per household
1 Adult and up to 3 children
May purchase additional images as prints or digital
Contact: 01242 509358
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
On arrival the crews found a fire in the kitchen of the two storey house and the rest of the property was heavily smoke logged. Crews were on the scen for an hour and used one hosereel, one main jet and four breathing appartus to extinguish the fire.
Station Commander, Tim Lanfear, who also attended the incident has reminded people about the importance of turning off appliances and shutting internal doors before leaving the property.
This will reduce the fire risk and should a fire occur, having the doors shut will reduce the spread of fire and smoke.