Woman dies after gas explosion in Tewkesbury flat
A WOMAN from Tewkesbury has died in hospital after a gas cooker explosion in her flat in the town.
Gloucestershire police said the woman was taken to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol by air ambulance and died there at 3.30am today.
It followed an incident at her flat above the Kudos ladies’ fashion shop in High Street.
One fire engine from Tewkesbury attended the incident. Initial reports indicated a small explosion came from a gas cooker but the fire service said this was still being investigated by police and fire investigators.
Your chance to win either a Luxury Christmas Hamper or a luxury Christmas Living Bouquet of flowers aswell as a wash, cut and blow dry from Charmed Hair Salon !!!!
Terms: All you have to do to win this great prize this Christmas is like and share The Flower Bowl facebook link or ring us instore with your details !!!
Contact: 01452 227932
Valid until: Monday, December 23 2013
Emergency services, along with gas company Transco, isolated the utilities at the scene to reduce the risk of fire and allow for a safe working environment.
The cooker was removed by the Tewkesbury fire crew.