Woman's curtains and TV catch fire
A Tuffley woman's curtains and television caught fire on Wednesday night.
Firefighters were called out to the Whaddon Way fire at 6.05pm.
Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service received a call from the occupier of a house in who said her curtains were on fire.
One appliance from Gloucerster South Fire station and one appliance from Gloucester North Fire station attended the incident with 11 firefighters and Crew Commander Adam Openshaw was in charge.
Gents, come in to Earl's & Co and enjoy a haircut and finish, glass of whisky and a shoeshine for £18.50
Terms: Later and earlier appointments available upon request
Contact: 01242 504887
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
On arrival the crews found the curtains and television to be well alight and used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire. .
The appliances were detained a total of 45 minutes.
The fire service offers free home fire safety checks and fits smoke alarms free of charge.
If you know someone who may benefit from this service, call free phone 0800 180 4140. Remember to get the permission of the nominee if you are nominating someone else for a home fire safety check.