Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - February 16-17
It's half term and Valentine's Day week, so for the kids and for parents there's loads on in Gloucestershire this weekend. Here's TiG's guide to 10 of the best.
- Valentine's Day was earlier in the week but you can't move for special romantic evenings at hotels in restaurants in Gloucester and Cheltenham on Saturday and Sunday night. These include the Mercure Queens Hotel, the Montpellier Chapter, Cafe Rene, The Daffodil, Bowden Hall, the Wharf House and the Hallmark Hotel.
- The latest in a series of kids' films at Gloucester Guildhall takes place on Saturday. This week, it's a screening of Tinkerbell and the Secret of the Wings.
- Roots legend Steve Knightley will be performing at the Subscription Rooms in Stroud on Sunday night. Tickets cost £16 and the gig starts at 7.30pm.
- There's a weeklong exhibition of fine art photography from 19 young students from the University of Gloucestershire at the Gardens Gallery in Cheltenham this weekend. The display is called Nineteen and it's free to get in.
- At the John Moore Museum in Tewkesbury there's a special Birds of Prey Day on Saturday, hosted by the J.R.C.S Falconry and featuring birds such as the peregrine falcon and the eagle owl.
- Saturday's the last day of the half term activities at the Gloucester Waterways Museum. Saturday will feature a kid's roses and castles painting workshop with artist Tony Watkins.
- The big show at the Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham is Willy Russell's hit musical Blood Brothers. There are two shows on Saturday - a matinee at 2pm and the final performance in the evening.
- Local artist Russell Haines is teaming up with students from Gloucestershire College with an exhibition called Involuntary Emotion. It's open on Saturday from 10am at the Gloucester City Museum.
- Meanwhile at the Gloucester Folk Museum on Saturday are two Half Term Crafty Corner events, where kids can make pig sock puppets and paper ships. The sessions are from 11am.
- There's opera on at the Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury, not live but on the big screen. The show is a 1960s themed version of Rigoletto by Verdi and it's on at 5.55pm, broadcast live from New York, on Saturday.
Dyson DC50i - Bagless upright vacuum cleaner - BALL Technology -...View details
Thisi is Dyson's smallest upright vacuum cleaner with the performance of a full size upright machine. The DC50i has Dyson's most advanced cleaner head technology and 2 Tier RadialTM cyclones.
Terms: LIMITED STOCK OFFER. FREE delivery to most UK postcodes - Next working day dispatch.
Contact: 01664 491439
Valid until: Monday, May 27 2013