Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - February 2-3
Stuck for something to do this weekend? Here are TiG's top 10 things to keep you and your family amused and entertained.
- Away from the Six Nations, the big match this weekend is the West Country derby between Gloucester Rugby vs Bath Rugby, which kicks off at Kingsholm at 2pm on Saturday.
- A new movie about Alfred Hitchcock comes out soon and fans of his classic The 39 Steps can catch a production of it at the Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham, with performances at 7.45pm on Friday night, and Saturday at 2pm and 7.45pm.
- There's a new exhibition of paintings of the Cornish coast by pastel master Michael Norman, at the Martin's Gallery in Cheltenham from Friday until next Saturday.
- Learn about the Chinese New Year celebrations – it's the Year of the Snake in 2013 – with a Crafty Corner workshop from 11am on Saturday at the Gloucester City Museum.
- The warming weather has brought the snowdrops out – see a stunning array of them at Colesbourne Gardens in the Cotswolds on Saturday and Sunday.
- Stroud Ceilidhs are putting on a traditional Gaelic folk music and dance gathering at the Subscription Rooms on Saturday night from 8pm onwards.
- Comedy fans can get tickled pink by Sean Collins at the Big Laugh Cafe event at Gloucester Guildhall on Saturday evening.
- Or if you want to get your laughing gear out for someone else, why not try up-and-coming comic Josh Widdicombe at the Sundial Theatre in Cirencester, also on Saturday night.
- Active types can get out on their road bikes with a mini sportive ride – 50 miles, 60 miles, or whatever you fancy – organised by Cheltenham store Fetish Bikes for Sunday morning at 9am.
- A week of special events called Candlelit Cathedral starts at Gloucester Cathedral on Sunday, beginning with a Candlemas Eucharist at 10.15am then a choir performance at 4pm.
Traditional Shave, Facial Treatment, Whisky and a Shoe Shine -...View details
Gents, enjoy a traditional shave, facial treatment, glass of whisky and a shoeshine for £31
Terms: Early and later appointments available upon request.
Contact: 01242 504887
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013