Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - February 9-10
There's a whole heap of things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend for you and your family. Here's TiG's guide to 10 of the best.
- It's Cheltenham Folk Festival this weekend, with gigs taking place from Friday onwards - mainly at the Town Hall but also at the Princess Hall in the Ladies College. There will also be will be workshops, children's events and a real ale bar throughout the weekend. Headline act is the Nic Jones Trio.
- Gloucester residents living in GL1, GL2, GL3 or GL4 can benefit from more than 60 discounts at attractions around the city, in an offer organised by Marketing Gloucester. Go to www.thecityofgloucester.co.uk/residents for more information.
- Fans of The King can catch Elvis Presley tribute act world champ Lee Memphis King at the Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham on Saturday night. The show starts at 7.45pm and tickets cost between £18 and £20.
- Kids can learn wire sculpting techniques from metal artist Celia Smith, at two workshops at 10am and 2pm on Saturday at Tewkesbury's John Moore Museum. Tickets cost £10 and should be booked in advance.
- Back in Gloucester, there's special half term event called the Celebration of Grandparents at the Cathedral on Saturday. Tickets cost £1, kids and grandparents can have their photo taken and the Cathedral opens at 10am.
- And another tribute act, Hells Bells, present their take on the music of Aussie rock legends AC/DC with a gig at the Subscription Rooms in Stroud at 8pm on Saturday night. Tickets cost £12.
- The Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury continues to host the Exposure exhibition for young photographers this weekend. Entry is free of charge and the exhibition opens at 10.30am daily.
- It's the first weekend of artist Simon Packard's new exhibition called Dunbar Street, which is on show at Stroud's Museum in the Park. There's a riot of colour at the exhibition, which opens at 11am on Saturday and Sunday and is free to get in.
- Acoustic and interpretive rock band Whalebone brings its Runes Tour to the Pludds Village Hall in Ruardean on Saturday night from 7pm. There will be tales, folklore and the myths behind the music too, with tickets costs £7 and £4 for children.
- There's lots on at Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust this weekend, including a Valentine's Day themed Love Birds Trail which opens this weekend. People will be asked to nominate the most loved-up birds at the centre. Normal admission charges apply.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013