Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - July 27-28
The weather may be taking a slight turn for the worse on Saturday but don't let that stop you getting out and about around Gloucestershire.
Don't miss the 'culture bomb' in Gloucester on Saturday and Sunday when 200 pieces of art are being left around the city. People are asked to take home a piece of art for free.
There are lots of other fun events taking place this weekend and here's our pick of 10 of the best:
1. Feel the spirit of the city in the annual Gloucester Carnival on Saturday.
Bring a friend to Yoga with Evelyn at 8pm on Wednesdays, and get...View details
Bring a friend to Evelyn’s “Yoga” class on Wednesdays at 8-9pm, and get your class half for only £3. Offer open to non-members. Contact Natasha on 07958 520042 for details.
Terms: Class running at Fitness4Less, Grosvenor terrace. Non-members welcome.
Valid until: Friday, January 31 2014
2.Transport yourself back to the battlefields of yesteryear at Berkeley Castle for the annual Skirmish on Saturday and Sunday.
3.Enjoy some quality football at the Abbey Business Stadium tomorrow when Cheltenham Town take on Premier League new boys Cardiff City. Tickets are available on the gate (kick off 3pm). If you can't make it, follow the game on Gloucestershireecho.co.uk with football writer Jon Palmer's live blog.
4. Marvel at all the lovely pooches at the Quedgeley Dog Show on Saturday.
5. One of the world's best know music events starts tomorrow in Gloucester - the Three Choirs Festival .
6. The incredibly popular Gruffalo returns to the Dean Heritage Centre this weekend. You can meet the Gruff himself on Saturday and Sunday.
7. Sandford Park Lido plays host to the London Contemporary Theatre on Saturday. The troupe are performing Around the World in 80 Days at 8pm. The show costs £10 for adults and £8 for children.
8. Cook the recipe of the week: Strawberry cheesecake by Paul Rankin
9. Eat out at the restaurant of the week: The Rising Sun Hotel
10.Sit back for rippingly good fun in the film of the week: WolverineE