Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - March 2-3
Spring's trying to spring (it's just around the corner) and here's hoping this weekend will be one of winter's last for 2013. There's plenty to do in Gloucestershire this weekend. Here's TiG's guide to 10 of the best.
- There's the monthly free Orchard Street Food and Crafts Market at Gloucester Quays this weekend, starting at 10am on Saturday and 11am on Sunday.
- Classic 50s movie A Streetcar Named Desire, starring a young and slender Marlon Brando, is the matinee film at the Gloucester Guildhall at 3pm on Saturday.
- The same evening, the Guildhall will ring with laughter as metalhead comedian Andrew O'Neill, plus guests, perform a fundraising gig in aid of Comic Relief.
- If acoustic music's your thing, try a gig by singer-songwriter Natalie McCool, who plays the Prince Albert in Rodborough near Stroud on Saturday night.
- Muscles and lycra? There's a Pro EVW Wrestling show at the St Paul's Church Centre in Cheltenham on Saturday evening. Adults £8, kids £6, families get in for £25.
- The big play at the Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham is Surprises by Alan Ayckbourn. It's a world premiere of the comedy production this week and there are shows on Saturday and Sunday.
- For some culture, on Sunday, there's the concert by the Tewkesbury Camerata at the Methodist Church on the High Street, in aid of local charity Scoo-B-Doo.
- Comedian John Shuttleworth brings his Out of Our Sheds tour to Cheltenham Town Hall on Sunday night, at the same time as Mock The Week star Chris Addison plays the Everyman Theatre. Take your pick.
- Back in Stroud, and there's a Sunday Tea-Time Classics concert at the Subscription Rooms at 5pm. The Gloucestershire Symphony Orchestra will pay pieces by Schubert, Strauss and Beethoven.
- Cheltenham bicycle garage Fetish Bikes holds is last mini-sportive ride of the winter on Sunday morning, starting from their warehouse on the Churchill Estate from 9am.
Traditional Shave, Facial Treatment, Whisky and a Shoe Shine -...View details
Gents, enjoy a traditional shave, facial treatment, glass of whisky and a shoeshine for £31
Terms: Early and later appointments available upon request.
Contact: 01242 504887
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013