Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - October 5-6
Whether it's fancy food or family fun at Gloucester Rugby's Kingsholm ground, there is plenty to keep you entertained this weekend in Gloucestershire.
Here's our recommendations for 10 things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend:
1. Meet Masterchef guru Greg Wallace at the Forest
Showcase Food and Drink Festival at Speech House in the Forest of Dean on Sunday
2. Cheltenham Literature Festival is in full swing over the weekend with a feast of exciting events taking place at venues throughout the town.
Highlights over the weekend include Sebastian Faulks talking about his modern classic Birdsong and the master of horror Darren Shan talking about
his new series Zom-B.
3. Another one for food lovers: The Orchard Street Food and Craft Market takes place at Gloucester Quays on Saturday and Sunday.
4. Fancy a bit of Northern style comedy then why not check out The Grand Gesture at Cheltenham's Everyman Theatre.
5. The Ebrington Arms in Chipping Campden kicks off an October Beerfest on Saturday with Beer Flights where people can buy special third pint glasses to try a selection of fantastic real ales. Call 01386 593 223 for more information.
6. Take your 'tribe' to Gloucester Rugby v Exeter Chiefs on Sunday. Gates open at noon and there is a range of family fun activities laid on at Kingsholm.
7. Comedian Russell Kane brings The Smallness Tour to The Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury on Sunday night.
8. Cook the recipe of the week: Smoked haddock fish pie
9. Eat at the restaurant of the week: Take out a delicious pizza at Fat Toni's in Stroud
10. Watch the film of the week: An edge of the seat thriller this week starring Hugh Jackman in Prisoners