Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend Sept 21-22
As the weather takes a turn towards Autumn, there is plenty of seasonal fun to be had in Gloucestershire. With the weekend set to be rain-free, take a look at what’s on in the county.
1. Come and watch the popular children’s tale The Butterfly Lion be transformed into a stage show for a matinee performance at The Everyman Theatre.
2. Support your home team at Kingsholm Stadium as Gloucester Rugby takes on Northampton Saints Saturday afternoon.
3. Unwind and have a drink or two to the sounds of Folk as Stroud hosts its Folk Festival with Spiers and Boden, with workshops, performances and club sessions taken place in various venues.
Traditional Shave, Facial Treatment, Whisky and a Shoe Shine -...View details
Gents, enjoy a traditional shave, facial treatment, glass of whisky and a shoeshine for £31
Terms: Early and later appointments available upon request.
Contact: 01242 504887
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
4. Take your little ones to enjoy a day with Thomas and his friends as they come to Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway . Meet the fat controller and your favourite trains and jump on the London bus to cheer on racing Thomas.
5. Prepare to be entertained as Strike a Light Festival takes off for its first ever year in action. Combining talented performances with feasts and stage acts, this festival is to get your imagination ticking.
6. Local food, drink and celebrations are taking place as part of Tetbury Food and Drink Festival . With a vegetarian evening, wine tasting and a vineyard tour, there is plenty to take part in, including the Tetbury Taters Competition.
7. Get aboard the Dean Forest Railway’s Real Ale and Steam Day where you’ll be served dinner and can enjoy the evening scenes as you’re taken on an extended ride whilst sampling the best of the local ales.
8. Music lovers should head to Cafe Rene for The Lewis Creaven who will be covering Jimi Hendrix and Lenny Kravitz as well as blues rock.
9. Get seasonal with your cooking and try this Roast shoulder of lamb with roasted ratatouille – all whipped up in half an hour
10. Watch the film of the week: Rush