Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - September 14-15
As the season of mist and mellow fruitfulness takes hold how are you going to spend the weekend in Gloucestershire?
If you are looking for inspiration here's our pick of 10 things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend:
1. What could be better than watching grown men cry? The Newent Onion Fayre takes place on Saturday and features the famous onion eating competition and a selection of enormous alliums.
2. Cheer on the runners at the Cheltenham Half Marathon on Sunday.
Gents, come in to Earl's & Co and enjoy a haircut and finish, glass of whisky and a shoeshine for £18.50
Terms: Later and earlier appointments available upon request
Contact: 01242 504887
Valid until: Tuesday, December 31 2013
3. Head out to the VW Show at Berkeley Castle on Sunday.
4. Explore some of Gloucestershire's hidden history in the Heritage Open Days events.
5. Take a trip back to the glory days of the railways at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway at Winchcombe with the Autumn Steam and Ale Weekend .
6. They make classical music super cool - singing sensation Blake are at the Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury.
7. For some lovely autumnal treats you could head out the Minchinhampton Country Fayre on Saturday.
8. Cook the recipe of the week: The Incredible Spice Men's cinammon, ginger and red chilli chicken wings .
9. It may well rain this weekend so why not head to the cinema to watch the film of the week: Riddick
10. Eat a meal at the restaurant of the week: Yo! Sushi