Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend September 15-16
Looking for something to do in Gloucestershire this weekend?
Check out TiG's 10 suggestions:
1. Cheer on Olympic rowing gold medallist Pete Reed as he enjoys an open top bus tour starting at the Sub Rooms in Stroud on Saturday at 12.45pm before arriving in Nailsworth at around 1pm.
2. Cheltenham Racecourse welcomes Gerry Cottle's Wow Show over the weekend - with over 50 acts it's sure to be a great show.
Sunday and Monday evenings £12.00 per head for an all inclusive meal with Indian and Thai cuisine (normal price £14.50).
Bring this voucher to the restaurant complete with your name and email address on it.
Terms: Expires 31st July
Contact: 01452 223782
Valid until: Wednesday, July 31 2013
3. Dog lovers - indulge yourself at the Paws in the Park event on Sunday at the Agg Gardner Rec next to the Pittville Park Lower Boating Lake. The fun starts at noon.
4. Shiver your timbers at the pirate weekend at the Dean Heritage Centre
5. Strictly for the over 16s why not indulge in some Burlesque at The Roses Theatre in Tewkesbury on Saturday.
6. Take your youngster to the Gloucestershire Police Outward Bound open day in Imperial Gardens on Saturday.
7. While the weather is still reasonably warm why not get on your bike with the Big Foot Mountain Bike Club. They have rides going out this weekend in the county.
8. Cook the recipe of the week: Seasonal, beautiful - it's Michel Roux's Poached pear in Sauternes
9. Eat at the restaurant of the week: Flynn's in Montpellier
10. Watch the film of the week: Romantic comedy with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones: Hope Springs (12A)