Ten things to do in Gloucestershire this weekend - September 6-8
Looking for inspiration for something to do this weekend in Gloucestershire?
Here's our pick of 10 of the best:
1. The wait is finally over with the Aviva Premiership back in town. Top of the list this weekend has to be going to see Gloucester Rugby taking on Sale Sharks at Kingsholm.
2. Enjoy some fabulous music from The Magic Numbers at Gloucester Guildhall on Sunday promising to bring a mix of old favourites and some new stuff.
3. The away fans are bringing a big contingent so why not swell the stands at the Abbey Business Stadium for Saturday's Cheltenham Town v Portsmouth game.
4. Grab your Hunters and tweeds - it's the Frampton Country Fair
5. Immerse yourself in Gloucester's glorious heritage at the Gloucester History Festival
6. There are 49 different ales on offer at Gloucester Beer Festival at The Farmers' Club in Sandhurst Lane - on Friday and Saturday.
7. There are lost of activities in Stroud this weekend including festivals celebrating nature, food and walking. Check out the Stroud Valleys Festivals website for more information.
8. Eat at the restaurant of the week:Laurie Lee loved it and so do we: The Woolpack in Slad
9. Cook the recipe of the week:The trees are full of beautiful plums so why not pick some and bake James Martin's plum clafoutis
10. Watch the film of the week: Recreate the epic rivalry between Formula 1 legends James Hunt and Niki Lauder in Rush